Friday, April 27, 2007

Day Trip and The Gambia

I finished the training early on Thurday, so I booked another half day trip to another game reserve. This time the main attraction was a leopard and two cheetahs. Here is the leopard:

The cheetahs:


It was really cool to see them so close, they came right next to the vehicle.

Afterwards we stopped at the main house on the property and had a drink. While on by the house I noticed this flower growing out of some cacti:

On the way back a rhino crossed the road right in front of us. He was pretty curious about us and hung around the vehicle for a while right beside the road. This was pretty lucky for us to see...even the guide took out his camera and took some pictures!

Today I fly to The Gambia today. It will be around a 20 hour trip, I am not looking forward to it. I make 2 transfers (I fly all the way to Frankfurt, then Belgium, then to The Gambia...it was that or spend the night in the Dakar airport) during the trip, so I figure there is a good chance that my luggage will get lost somewhere along the way, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Matt, Miami appears to be up to the old tricks in the area of DRAFT PICS. In case you are home sick for normalcy, check out the typical Miami move at:
http://www.newarkadvocate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070428/UPDATES04/70428019/1006/SPORTS

By the way, I can't believe you would eat a zebra!

Miss ya,
Anne