Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Bonjour

I made it to Paris safe and sound, although very tired. I didn't sleep at all on the flight from Banjul, but I did manage to sleep for about an hour (during my 4 hour layover) in the Brussels airport (streched out across 4 chairs). So I arrived in Paris at around 10am with about 1 hour of sleep...but honestly, its not hard to stay awake in Paris on your first day.

Radiohead has a song about tourists running around trying to see all the "sites" that the tour books tell them to see, but they end up missing the important things about the city...the little things that make it unique and interesting. I think that pretty much sums up my last two days. I have been running around playing tourist, and have managed to see all the major sites. I even made it to the top of the Eiffel Tower, something I (along with Stamos, Hammond and Crater) failed to do the first time I was in Paris (due to renovations). But worry not boys...they still let you drink 1665 (or any other beverage of choice) on the streets while walking around seeing the sites! Anyway, tomorrow (my last day) I plan on taking it slow, staying away from the tourist spots and try and really experience Paris.

I wish I could post some photos but I can't connect using my computer so I can't upload any. For any of you interested I will post a few on my usual blog site (mattlisack.blogspot.com) when I get home.

1 comment:

matt mendelsohn said...

Matt:

I know you said you want to stay away from tourist spots tomorrow. But here's one place that is really amazing. It's called St. Chapelle and it's loctaed within the gates of the Justice Ministry. You go into St. Chapelle on the lower level and then walk up a spiral staircase to the MOST amazing stained glass anywhere in the world. If you're bored!!!!