Friday, May 4, 2007

The Capital City Banjul

Today I went to Banjul, the capital of The Gambia. My tour guide took me around to the arch, through the streets, the beach and to the market. Here is the view from the top of the arch:

The market:


A fishing boat by the beach:

A couple kids who came up to the tour guide (Karamo) and I on the beach...they got a kick out of seeing their picture on the digital camera of themselves:

Tomorrow (Saturday) I leave for Paris at 7:00pm and arrive in Paris Sunday morning...election day...it should be an interesting time to be there. Not sure if they are covering it in America, but it is all over the news here. The hostel I am staying at has internet access so I should be able to post a few more blogs while in Paris.

1 comment:

matt mendelsohn said...

Man, you must be reallllllllllly tired. The blog's great! matt